Our Tilt 15° Wall Mount is unique in that it is fixed at a 15° angle, is ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant, can be installed on a desk, counter top or surface and allows for unique powering options.
This mount can be installed over a GFCI (ground-fault circuit interrupter), single or duplex, decora or non-decora wall outlet. That also gives this mount the ability to use the powering components given with tablet at the time of purchase. However there will be some configuring involved.
Assemble the Vesa Plate and the Wall Plate
Before we assemble the two pieces of the mount together, we need to make sure that the powering components are placed within the tilt 15° mount face correctly. If this does not happen, the mount will not fit together. If the mount is able to screw together, the cables fit.
This means that the Vesa enclosure is secured, all cords have been plugged in and the tilted face of the mount is screwed into the Vesa Enclosure. The tilt 15° mount is ready for the wall and Vesa pieces to be assembled. The way the power cables are positioned inside the vesa piece will either allow or disallow the mount to be secured using the bottom screws.
Configuring Power Components by Brand
Apple iPad: Plug the iPad AC adapter into the black extension cable provided. Next tuck the connected Apple AC adapter and extension cable female end into the bottom pocket of the tilt 15° mount like below. The tilt 15° mount will be tightly fitted closed until the bottom screws are fully tightened.
Samsung Galaxy Tab: Plug the Samsung AC adapter into the black extension cable provided. Next tuck the connected Samsung adapter and extension cable female end into the bottom pocket of the tilt 15° mount with the usb connection pointing upwards like below. The titling mount will be tightly fitted closed until the bottom screws are fully tightened.
Microsoft Surface Tablets:
- Surface 3 – Because of the AC adapter that comes with the surface 3, there is no configuring required. Just plug into the wall, secure the mount together and install.
- Surface Pro (2017) / Pro 4 – A bit more complex depending on which AC Adapter you are using. The AC adapter which comes with the Surface Pro (2017) / Pro 4 is thin enough to fit into the wire pocket at the bottom of the tilted piece.
If the AC adapter is not fitting, it would be best to remove the Vesa pan head screws like so. This will enable the AC adapter to slip into the pocket in a flush manner. with the AC Adapter flat up against the pocket there should be enough room.
Removing one screw is required to properly fit the Surface Pro (2017) power adapter but is also safe. In the engineering of these pieces, the calculation of force restraint is as follows:
(1) screw anchors the first contact position. If only one screw was used the mount and enclosure could swivel from this point.
(2) screws anchor the plane that the screws share. Because of this their is restraint on one of the three dimensional planes
(3) screws anchor two planes of the three dimensional plane. This is the amount of force need to fully restrain the mount to the enclosure
(4) screws reinforces the two planes already anchored. Think of this last screw as a “safety” or “back up”
The Tilt 15° Mount is coming soon! We will be accepting pre-orders in the coming weeks. Please check in with us if you are interested!