Using a Windows Surface tablet with your VidaMount, and need to keep the screen on 24/7? Follow these simple steps to set the screen to be “Always On!”
- Step 1 : Press and hold on ANY area of the desktop. You’ll start seeing the square below appear.
- Step 2: In 2 seconds, you’ll see a new context menu pop up. Choose PERSONALIZE, the last option.
- Step 3: The Personalization window opens – click on SCREEN SAVER in the Lower Right.
- Step 4: The “Screen Saver Settings” option pops up. Click on CHANGE POWER SETTINGS in the lower left of this new window.
- Step 5: The “Power Options” window now appears. Towards the right find and click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS.
- Step 6: The “Edit Plan Settings” screen is now up. First, CHANGE the settings for “Put the Computer to Sleep” to NEVERAfter setting BOTH “Put the Computer to Sleep” to NEVER, click on CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS.
- Step 7: Click on CHANGE SETTINGS THAT ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE, then scroll down to find the DISPLAY settings. (“B”)Under TURN OFF DISPLAY AFTER – Set both “On Battery” and “Plugged In” settings to “0” (zero). The “0” / zero will turn into NEVER. once entered.
- Step 8: That’s it! The Surface tablet’s screen should stay on 24/7!
- NOTE: If you don’t see some or any of these options being available, contact your network administrator / IT department. Devices attached to a Domain Controller (DC) may have Group Policy (GP) / Group Policy Objects (GPO) settings enabled – which means that these settings are administered and controlled by the network administrator. In this case, simply show / link / refer them to this article, and they’ll configure the tablets for you via their centralized controls!